Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Goodwill Find!

As teased, here is one of my projects that I got through the other weekend.

After a leisurely brunch with a friend we decided to walk over to the Goodwill that was near where we were eating.  No, I wasn't looking for anything in particular and no, that doesn't matter.  After perusing the odds and ends we made it over to the furniture area.  That's when I saw it!

An amazing teal blue chair with bronze studs along the piping. It was listed at $35 dollars which was a steal in itself but when I got to the cash register I only paid a whopping total of $29 for the chair, a picnic basket, 2 frames, and 2 books!  The prices a Goodwill never get old, it always feel like I just won a contest or something.  After some maneuvering of the backseat, and strategic angling, we got the chair in the back of my Beetle and I headed home with my bounty.

The chair was great but had a chocolatey brown wood for the legs and on the arms that just dragged the whole thing down.  Spray paint to the rescue.  I had on hand an ivory, high-gloss, spray paint and after taping/papering off the fabric and quickly sanding down the legs I went to work.  It took two coats and I am so happy with the final look of the chair.  Now I just need to find the perfect place for it in the house...

Here are the pics, in order of production - please forgive the angles on some of them, but I remembered to actually take pictures this time:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment