Thursday, August 15, 2013

Contemplating 30

I am just 1 month and 2 days into my 30s and I am trying to figure out what this year will be.  Like, I assume, many of the newly 30, I feel like this first year in this new decade should have some monumental changes whether internal or external.  Should mean something.

If nothing else we can hold onto the fact that it can't possibly be worse than our 20s - can it?  Do you remember early 20s?  They were the worst!  21 was the last good year, 22 - 26 were filled with angst, feeling young but not being young, dreams withering away, and feelings of inadequacy, while every "adult" asked you what you were going to do now?  27 - 29 were fleetingly good as you felt a sense of relief that you'd made it through the hell that was the "early 20s" and then life starts to slowly chip away at the self-esteem you've struggled to build til then.  Slowly, friends start disappearing into married life, some of them even dare to have children.  Even those things that feel "adult" and should allow me to check something off the list (like purchasing a home) remain in that surreal zone even now.

So I have been 30 for 1 month and have decided that it is time for me to take more ownership over the things I'm not in love with in my life and why not start by forcing said changes with wonderful, bloggable, projects all within the next year!

The first is 30 Projects For My 30th Year: I'm going to compile a list of 30 projects, of varying complexity, and try to complete them all, obviously with the goal of blogging about each project as I go.  Stay tuned for the list.

The second my bestie as so appropriately titled "The Reasoning Virgin Tour 2013", this clearly needs more explanation and it will come shortly in a following post.  No I'm not being born again or anything super creepy like that but...

Ok, the projects are noted in the blogosphere - now they have to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment