Monday, August 26, 2013

Put to the test

Sometimes I feel like the fates, or the powers that be, or whoever, is definitely flipped to my channel and watching.  That happened again this weekend.

Only one week following the launch of the Reasoning Virgin Tour 2013 aka going celibate my will and determination was put to the test.  Seriously, how did it happen that quick.  Spoiler:  I feel validated.

Decided to channel my younger self and went out with a lovely group of ladies, less familiar with my hometown than I, and do a bit of bar hopping.  We ended up at two fairly contrasting locales, one full of the hipster, dirty, grungy crowd and one full of classy, swanky clientele.  It was at the latter that I was doubly tested.

First by a very nice gentleman who initiated the conversation and we had witty, if I do say so myself, banter back and forth for a while.  Attraction was not immediate or overwhelming for me but growing as the awesome personality clearly came out to play.  The second was a lumbering fellow, I would guess about 6'3" or 6'4", where the attraction was much more palpable though not necessarily due to personalities clicking.

It is with the second that I spent the rest of the evening, though later I feel like a may have made the wrong choice.  We danced.  I mean like middle school danced.  Like not in a circle but actually two people touching each other dancing.  Which was nice at first - happy to say I'm slightly better at it than I was  in middle school or high school even - but then became a little much.  There was an excellent dance party surrounding us and every time I tried to break free and join the fun I was willfully pulled back.

Not wanting to break the moment too much, and attempting to remain open to experiences I gave in and danced some more.  There was minimal kissing. In public. Yup. Then the conversation took the turn that it inevitably does in these situations as the last call announcement is made, "don't you want to take me home?" "we can just cuddle" "I'll even sleep on the couch".  What girl doesn't like knowing the guy wants to work that hard to get you in bed.  But, at the risk of sounding like a lady of loose morals, for the first time in a loooonnnnnnnng time, I said no! And stuck with it.

He maintained a good face and we exchanged numbers at his request.  He made one more attempt after we parted ways, offering to take a cab to me.  Still resisted.  With assurances that we would talk tomorrow.

Here comes the validation.

I heard nothing the next day, nothing the day after that, and today still nothing.  One could argue it's because I didn't take him home to "cuddle" but I realized that I don't want a man who won't contact me because I don't take him home from a bar.  I may be late to the game on this realization but thank you fates for testing my decision early on and proving me right - for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment