Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bedside Tables

This project was inspired by the many many Pinterest projects I found that took an old suitcase and turned it into a side table or an end table. There are countless iterations of this project and I'm not convinced that I approached this in the easiest of ways but I'm still happy with it in the end.

I eventually found my suitcase on ebay and used the pre-fab table legs from Home Depot.  I overestimated how high I wanted the table originally and so sawed them shorter.  In the end I used the other pieces on my coffee table that was shown in an earlier post.

I don't have pictures of the inside but on the inside for stability I used a piece of left over masonite that the legs will attach into and reinforcing the bottom of the suitcase. Then, using 4 table top leg plates, attached my 4 legs.  I was still in experimental mode or I would have painted them first but I wasn't sure so I ended up getting them attached and painting them afterwards - no worse for the wear.

I'm pretty happy with the end result though think there may be an easier way to build the second one for the other side (if I ever do)

No comments:

Post a Comment