Monday, July 15, 2013

At least it's not St. Louis

Home after an amazing and enlightening week on the road with two fantastic ladies.  As I mentioned, I jumped into a 30 dates and 30 states road trip with two wonderful friends of mine for the last week, leading up to my 30th birthday.

In the six days that I was traveling with them we hit 4 different states, starting in Nashville and flying home from Chicago.  The south, as usual, did not disappoint and was an amazing host.

Being home is a bit of a let down because I'm back to where I was with limited dating opportunities and the state where I was losing a bit of hope.  However, I think after this trip I'm a bit more optimistic and definitely willing to be more proactive and if nothing else I learned that at least it's not St. Louis (oof, that was a rough stop for us).

Things I learned this week:
  • how to scuba dive in Kentucky
  • it's totally ok to consider making out with the 20 year old
  • dating is not that serious so just go for it
  • collect people
  • Nashville is a good time - all the time
  • OkCupid blows up in the South - unlike here at home.  Nothing boosts a girls ego like logging into OkCupid and having upwards of 90 visitors each time!
  • I can survive in heat
  • Nick the Chef in Louisville is beautiful (crush alert).  We went to an amazing restaurant, thanks to our foodie D, 610 Magnolia and the food literally blew my mind. We also had an incredible waiter, Chad!
Most of all, I think its time for me to be ok to focus on dating.  In the past it kind of felt like I was being superficial or not focusing on "important" things like education, work, friends - all of which I have in order - now its time to refocus.

There was talk of attempting to match the girls date for date as they continued along.  After I catch up on some sleep I may consider doing just that and see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment