Sunday, April 5, 2015

You would make a horrible bulimic

I've recently found a new track of inspiration that has gotten me back to doing some art which is actually a wonderful bit of calm and sanity these days for which I am incredibly grateful. Hand lettering and illustration.  This is not really a direction I've ever explored before but I was drawn to the look of the hand lettered signs that are ever so popular these days and then would be over come by that moment of "ugh, I'm not paying for this, I can make that myself." Only this time I actually did!

I don't think it's that much of a departure because I was also drawn to doing art that was not separate from the human experience. These are less related to the human experience in the abstract and more related to the human experience of me and my friends.

I have two completed, one that I like and show below that are based on either sayings, quotes, or in this case an joke that resulted from a ridiculous conversation. Luckily, I have a best friend who as lists of quotes from years of our hanging out that are just begging to be illustrated.  Here's hoping the inspiration lasts because I really enjoy the end product of this one.


Entitled "Yum", printed on heavy weight paper and, if you're so inclined, is for sale at RadBaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment