Friday, May 8, 2015

All Aboard!

I went on a very pleasant, and dare I say it, successful first date last night, with a train conductor! (Who will clearly from this point forward be called the Train Conductor)
Train Conductor and I connected on Tinder - gasp! - and we went on an actual date, not a tawdry lust-filled emotionless hook-up.  Confusing right?

This one went the way I kind of feel like online dating is supposed to go, at least in my more practiced than I'd like to be opinion. We chatted for several days on Tinder, getting some of the more high-level pertinent details. It went long enough to test if either of us was interested enough to keep it going and it reached flirting levels that showed promise.

The date ask came from him (you'll note from my past posts this is kind of a rule I have) and was then quickly and easily decided.  Why is this so rare?  We went for sushi (his choice) and had a great time.  I kept it mostly wholesome in the end but left excited to see him again - again a rare feeling.

There are obviously lots of things to learn about each other and details to shake out but this thick chick is trying to temper her potential excitement about meeting someone who doesn't suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment