Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn Equinox


This is where I spent my weekend, with two great friends, celebrating the autumn equinox.  In usual fashion, I did not check the weather before heading up to the lake - why ruin the mystery? - and packed for the weather we've been experiencing here at home.  At home, not up in the Rockies, in late September...

Packed in my overnighter was one pair of jeans, shorts, flip flops, slip on sneakers, t-shirt/tank, two bathing suits, in case I swam so much I wanted to wear a different one, and on a whim a pair of sweat pants and a thermal shirt.  Thank god for that whim.

On our drive up there was pouring rain, and the occasional slush, and by the time we reached our friend's cabin it was 45 degrees out and my shorts seemed pretty laughable.  Lucky for us our friend was better prepared and had the fire above roaring to welcome us, as we bundled in what we had, borrowed socks, and pulled out our books and our (in my case) knitting.  It was an incredible way to celebrate the fall equinox, including a midnight stroll to the lake to see the harvest moon, with two important people in my life.

On a side note, inspired by a friend of mine who asked about knitting chevrons I embarked on an attempt to see if it would be something I could teach.  It's not too bad, but I'm still working out some kinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment