Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Another project....?

I'm tempted to add this to my list of projects though I'm not totally convinced it counts because it wasn't necessarily something I've been wanting to do so much as an opportunity that dropped in my lap.

A coworker of mine is hosting a joint event with a salon and couldn't find people willing to get a makeover.  I said "why the hell not?"  My hair grows back, color will grow out, and if its horrible I can adjust it right away and it's all free.

The first step is a consultation tomorrow where we figure out what they are going to do, and then tomorrow after work we go to it.  On Thursday there is the "reveal" event.  I feel a bit like I'm getting sneak attacked into a How Do I Look situation - though meeting Jeannie Mai might be enough to get over the insult, or a What Not To Wear which without question I would get over the secret filming and friend betrayal to hang out with Stacey and Clinton.

Truthfully, I like to believe that I wouldn't actually qualify for either of these shows but I am pretty sure that the respective hosts might be horrified by some items that still remain in my closet (for costumes? yeah, definitely, for "costumes").  It also feels like perfect timing so I'm committed to jumping in wholeheartedly.  I've been working to let go of a couple of things recently and what better way to shake things up with a new look (a free new look)?

Some reservations: my hair is the longest I've had it probably ever, but it grows; I don't want to look marm-ish, old-lady ish, has to be minimal work each day - I am not a get up and do my hair kind of gal...

So wish me luck.  Here is a before pic to give you an idea of the mass amount of hair they will be working with...

No comments:

Post a Comment