Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Carpool Observations

You know when you've been around a child who constantly complains and no matter what you say to make them feel better, or lighten the mood, or politely attempt to give them an out of the negativity?  No matter what you say that "bright sides" their problem they find a counter argument to why that is actually bad too?  Now translate that to an adult male, a father (I know because I've seen him drop his kids off at the bus) and you have the guy who rode in the same carpool as me this morning.

Taking it a bit nicer, it's very clear that he's having a very hard time at work and my heart goes out to him.  I've been there and it is awful.  However, we are two complete strangers and when you tell us all the horrible things you have to do today and the driver politely says the socially appropriate thing to make you feel a little bit better, it is awkward at best for you to repeatedly point out that, no, that is in fact awful too.

My hope is that you get that out with strangers and do not teach your children to be debbie downer whiners...I truly hope his day goes better than he's clearly expecting it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment